AmTrav / Engineering / Back End
Are you a back-end engineer looking for a new challenge?
We are AmTrav. We used to call ourselves a “rapidly growing travel technology and services company”. Then COVID hit and now we’re just a “travel technology and services company”. But we’re finally starting to grow again.
Within the business travel space, we’ve remained one of the most innovative companies that you’ve probably never heard of. With our travel management platform, companies of all sizes can book flights, hotels, and car rentals; set company travel policies; run reports; plan meetings; and much more. We compete with giants and unicorns, striving to use our creativity and nimbleness to out innovate their huge overseas development shops. In our 30+ years in business, we’ve been able to claim many firsts but there’s a lot more work to be done.
As a developer at AmTrav this is what you'll do and what you'll bring.
What You Will Do
- You'll play a big part in shaping the products on which you’re working. You will not just to implement ideas, but to help craft them.
- You'll work with a small but passionate group of software engineers like yourself within a self-organizing agile team.
- You'll write code that makes it to production in weeks, not years.
- You'll build API's, database schemas, tools and systems to support product features that are secure, scalable, robust, and easy to implement and maintain.
- You'll plan and identify solutions and risks in assigned work.
- You'll be responsible for implementing features, providing bug fixes and reviewing code quality to ensure they work well at scale.
- You'll discuss customer requirements and provide technical solutions.
- You'll contribute to design discussion and troubleshooting sessions.
- You'll work with customers and colleagues to solve system integration issues.
- You'll help shape the future of our technology stack.
- Experience: 10+ years
- Extreme familiarity with RESTful APIs and Integrations
- Expert level on the Microsoft technology stack (C#, IIS, ASP.NET, Web API, SQL Server, .Net Framework, Visual Studio)
- Strong experience & passion in developing (back-end) for consumer facing web apps
- Understanding of CI/CD and Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Bitbucket/Jira/Confluence
- Demonstrated experience in complex software troubleshooting techniques
- Ability to communicate complex technical aspects succinctly
- Good understanding of software development patterns, lifecycle and processes
- Good knowledge of front-end frameworks like React
- Experience in the travel industry and knowledge of one or more GDSs.
We’re technically located in Agoura Hills, CA -- meaning that’s where the empty building that we pay rent for is located. If you’re in the area, that’s great, but anywhere else is OK, too. We’re a casual bunch. We respect work-life balance and offer flexible schedules.
If this job description piques your interest and you think you’d be a good fit, please reach out with your resume. We’d love to hear from you!