Corporate Travel Advisor
AmTrav / Customer Service
Who we are
Well, we definitely aren’t Google.
AmTrav is, firstly, a growing business travel management company with an emphasis on the personal. We bring people together and help people get more done. How? By using superior technology to disrupt our legacy industry and bring it into the 21st century, without sacrificing the human touch. Really. Here at AmTrav, we don’t like to mince words or try to be anything other than what we are. And what we are is unconventional, unique, brazen, and a good time (if we do say so ourselves).
Working with us isn’t likely something you’ve experienced before. We’re laid back and welcoming, with a firm grasp on results-driven work. We don’t want to hold your hand or look over your shoulder, but we expect the greatness that we know is in you, and exists in everything we do. That might sound a little dramatic, but we take our work seriously (we just think it doesn’t have to always feel so serious).
You should also know that every day we do our best to live our values:
MAKE BUSINESS PERSONAL
Connecting people to collaborate is what we’re about. We work hard to deliver the best experience to each traveler, teammate, travel manager, and partner, greasing wheels to give people more power to grow further.
We go for great, embracing diversity and out of the box thinking. We don't allow constraints to limit, but fearlessly reinvent new ways to unlock value. We reward ideas from everyone.
BE RADICALLY HONEST
Tell It Like It Is. Hear It How It Is. Really. Give honest feedback, recognize that sometimes that might be tough to say and hear. But if we are true, we build trust with customers, partners and each other.
KEEP IT FUN
Lines between work and personal are blurring and each inspires the other. We keep the mood light, positive, and creative for customers and ourselves. We keep things real, human and fun.
If you resonate with any of this, we’d love to hear from you, provided you have the qualifications below (or at least the majority of them).
What you’ll do
Corporate Travel Advisors are responsible for handling AmTrav’s highest level of service to ensure our travelers' critical issues get resolved in an efficient and timely manner. A successful candidate will use communication skills and teamwork to deliver optimum and personal service and achieve high customer satisfaction, as well as develop strong relationships with clients and vendors.
- Learn how to book air, car, and hotel reservations through AmTrav’s proprietary booking system
- Communicate with customers via phone, email, and live chat
- Multi-tasking between calls, chats and emails
- Maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Follow sales procedures, guidelines, and policies
- Document important customer information for future reference
- Upselling hotels and car rentals
- Have a good understanding of the entire airline industry in order to provide accurate, valid, and complete information to customers’ inquiries/questions
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with advisors, peers, management, corporate, network, coworkers, and partners
Training and work schedule
- Company offers 24/7 support with multiple shifts options available.
- Training schedule: Monday through Friday 6a-3p PST/8a-5p CST/9a-6p EST for 12 weeks - Employees earn full salary while in training.
- Once training is complete, you will be put into a permanent schedule that will be 4 weekdays and 1 weekend day required
Who should apply
Looking for people with travel advisor experience. Corporate Travel Experience is preferred but not required, though ideal candidates will possess:
- Minimum 2-year customer service experience
- 2 years of Travel Advisor experience
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills (articulate, enthusiast and a great phone voice)
- Have an excellent work record and are eligible for rehire with previous employers
- Spanish Speakers a plus but not a requirement.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Active listening, problem-solving, and empathy
- Ability to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time
- PC proficiency with various Windows applications
- Readily accepts work assignments and changes in a positive manner
- The ability to work well with minimal supervision in a high-volume environment
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers at all times
Benefits you can count on
We respect work-life balance and offer flexible schedules in addition to competitive salaries. Our fantastic benefits include:
- Work from home or office, if you’d like
- Competitive health, dental, accident, and life insurance plans
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- 401K match
- Unlimited PTO
- IATAN Travel Agent membership with discounts on travel worldwide
We are officially located in Agoura Hills, CA and Chicago, IL - meaning that’s where our semi-empty offices are located. If you’re in one of those areas, that’s great, but anywhere else is OK, too – pretty much all of us work remotely at this point. We’re a casual bunch and get most of our work done on Slack, Zoom, and Google Docs, etc.
Mandatory EEO Statement: AmTrav is an equal-opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.