Hotel Contract Manager
AmTrav / Customer Service
Who we are
Well, we definitely aren’t Google.
AmTrav is, firstly, a growing business travel management company with an emphasis on the personal. We bring people together and help people get more done. How? By using superior technology to disrupt our legacy industry and bring it into the 21st century, without sacrificing the human touch. Really. Here at AmTrav, we don’t like to mince words or try to be anything other than what we are. And what we are is unconventional, unique, brazen, and a good time (if we do say so ourselves).
Working with us isn’t likely something you’ve experienced before. We’re laid back and welcoming, with a firm grasp on results-driven work. We don’t want to hold your hand or look over your shoulder, but we expect the greatness that we know is in you, and exists in everything we do. That might sound a little dramatic, but we take our work seriously (we just think it doesn’t have to always feel so serious).
You should also know that every day we do our best to live our values:
MAKE BUSINESS PERSONAL
Connecting people to collaborate is what we’re about. We work hard to deliver the best experience to each traveler, teammate, travel manager, and partner, greasing wheels to give people more power to grow further.
We go for great, embracing diversity and out of the box thinking. We don't allow constraints to limit, but fearlessly reinvent new ways to unlock value. We reward ideas from everyone.
BE RADICALLY HONEST
Tell It Like It Is. Hear It How It Is. Really. Give honest feedback, recognize that sometimes that might be tough to say and hear. But if we are true, we build trust with customers, partners and each other.
KEEP IT FUN
Lines between work and personal are blurring and each inspires the other. We keep the mood light, positive, and creative for customers and ourselves. We keep things real, human and fun.
If you resonate with any of this, we’d love to hear from you, provided you have the qualifications below (or at least the majority of them).
What you’ll do
A Hotel Contract Manager is responsible for negotiating and managing contracts with hotels on behalf of our clients ensuring that they receive the best possible rates and amenities at hotels worldwide.
- Responsible for negotiating hotel contracts on behalf of our customers
- Manage hotel proposals through online software, ReadyBid
- Following up with hotels who do not promptly respond to hotel proposals in ReadyBid by calling and ensuring they received the bid, and have any questions
- Ensuring accepted hotel agreements are loaded into AmTrav's back office and online booking software, a2b, by loading and testing the rates
- Identifying hotels in customers programs that would qualify for hotel contracts based on room night consumption
- An aggressive and progressive work ethic is key in this position as negotiating discounted hotel rates on behalf of our clients.
Who should apply
You should possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills. A person with experience in the hospitality industry, particularly in hotel operations or procurement and has strong negotiation and contract management skills.
- Minimum 1 year with contracts
- Strong sales skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Able to build quick connections with sales managers at hotels
- Attention to detail
- Great follow up
- Able to work independently, and as a team
- Highly organized
Not required but a plus to have:
- Knowledge of the Readybid RFP program
- Travel industry experience
- Hotel industry experience
Benefits you can count on
We respect work-life balance and offer flexible schedules in addition to competitive salaries. Our fantastic benefits include:
- Work from home or office, if you’d like
- Competitive health, dental, accident, and life insurance plans
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- 401K match
- Unlimited PTO
- IATAN Travel Agent membership with discounts on travel worldwide
We are officially located in Agoura Hills, CA and Chicago, IL - meaning that’s where our semi-empty offices are located. If you’re in one of those areas, that’s great, but anywhere else is OK, too – pretty much all of us work remotely at this point. We’re a casual bunch and get most of our work done on Slack, Zoom, Google Docs, etc.
Mandatory EEO Statement: AmTrav is an equal-opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.