Travel Fulfillment Support Advisor
AmTrav / Customer Service
Who we are
Well, we definitely aren’t Google.
AmTrav is, firstly, a growing business travel management company with an emphasis on the personal. We bring people together and help people get more done. How? By using superior technology to disrupt our legacy industry and bring it into the 21st century, without sacrificing the human touch. Really. Here at AmTrav, we don’t like to mince words or try to be anything other than what we are. And what we are is unconventional, unique, brazen, and a good time (if we do say so ourselves).
Working with us isn’t likely something you’ve experienced before. We’re laid back and welcoming, with a firm grasp on results-driven work. We don’t want to hold your hand or look over your shoulder, but we expect the greatness that we know is in you, and exists in everything we do. That might sound a little dramatic, but we take our work seriously (we just think it doesn’t have to always feel so serious).
You should also know that every day we do our best to live our values:
MAKE BUSINESS PERSONAL
Connecting people to collaborate is what we’re about. We work hard to deliver the best experience to each traveler, teammate, travel manager, and partner, greasing wheels to give people more power to grow further.
We go for great, embracing diversity and out of the box thinking. We don't allow constraints to limit, but fearlessly reinvent new ways to unlock value. We reward ideas from everyone.
BE RADICALLY HONEST
Tell It Like It Is. Hear It How It Is. Really. Give honest feedback, recognize that sometimes that might be tough to say and hear. But if we are true, we build trust with customers, partners and each other.
KEEP IT FUN
Lines between work and personal are blurring and each inspires the other. We keep the mood light, positive, and creative for customers and ourselves. We keep things real, human and fun.
If you resonate with any of this, we’d love to hear from you, provided you have the qualifications below (or at least the majority of them).
What you’ll do
Travel Fulfillment Support Advisors are responsible for fulfilling travel requests for our travel clients in a professional and timely manner. A successful candidate will use communication skills and teamwork to deliver optimum and personal service to achieve high customer satisfaction. This position is heavily based around managing a variety of tasks, timelines, and juggling priorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn how to fulfill air, car, and hotel requests through AmTrav’s proprietary booking system, ATOM
- Communicate with vendors via phone and email to fulfill client requests
- Follow up on problem bookings
- Follow procedures, guidelines, and policies
- Document and update important customer information for future reference
- Have a good understanding of the entire airline/hotel/car industry in order to complete requests from customers
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with agents, peers, management, corporate, network, coworkers, and partners
Marginal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work on special projects
- Provide creative ideas to improve performance and morale
Training and work schedule
We’re looking for people who are excited about working some non-traditional shifts. The shift we are looking to fill is: Sunday-Wednesday and Friday 330pm-midnight EST. Off days will be Thursday and Saturday.
Training is approximately 8 weeks long. During training the schedule for training is Monday-Friday 8a-5p central time. You will be paid the full hourly rate during training.
Who should apply
- Current experience in a contact center environment (customer service and / or sales) for a minimum of 1 year
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) and can actively listen
- Comfortable in a coaching environment that stresses skill development (empathy and performance)
- Ability to sit and work at a computer for longer periods of time
- PC proficiency with various Windows applications
- Understands the continual changing nature of a contact center
- The ability to work well with minimal supervision in a high-volume environment
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Maintain a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers and coworkers at all times
- Outstanding interpersonal, multi-tasking, and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills
- Successful experience in achieving specific performance goals and objectives
- Have an excellent work record and are eligible for rehire with previous employers
Benefits you can count on
We respect work-life balance and offer flexible schedules in addition to competitive salaries. Our fantastic benefits include:
- Work from home or office, if you’d like
- Competitive health, dental, accident, and life insurance plans
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- 401K match
- Unlimited PTO
- IATAN Travel Agent membership with discounts on travel worldwide
We are officially located in Agoura Hills, CA and Chicago, IL - meaning that’s where our semi-empty offices are located. If you’re in one of those areas, that’s great, but anywhere else is OK, too – pretty much all of us work remotely at this point. We’re a casual bunch and get most of our work done on Slack, Zoom, and Google Docs, etc.
Mandatory EEO Statement: AmTrav is an equal-opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.