Five Questions You Should Be Asking About Account Management Support
by Cassie Sclafani, on October 4, 2016
A great business travel agency provides intuitive, easy-to-use products and services that are available on demand, accompanied by an unmatched level of personalized customer service. An integral piece of unmatched customer service is first-class account management support. To find the best agency for your company, you should be asking these five questions about account management support:
- Are you there for me 24/7? If you’ve traveled for business, you’ve had changes in itineraries and reservations – and usually when it’s least convenient for you. Now on top of the stress of planning for your business meeting, you’ve got the added stress of travel factors beyond your control. You should be able to call your business travel account manager at any time – and they should be available to actually talk to you. When you’re stuck at the airport or in the hotel lobby at midnight the last thing you want is a cheerful voice that dumps you directly into voicemail.
- Will you be there when I go global? Not long ago, your home-based travel agent would send you off with an itinerary, crossed-fingers and promises they’d be there for you – in a time-zone-friendly way. These days, border-busting business travelers expect destination-based market pricing and purchasing power with the service they have become used to at home. Round-the-clock assistance and easy access to company-wide global reporting will give you an invaluable advantage for your worldwide travel needs.
- Will you be there in the good times? Support doesn’t always come at times of crisis (but many times it does – see question one). From the get-go, your business travel agency should back you with an entire account management team that understands you and your business. From the first conversation you should know your key contacts by name – and they should know you. That way, when you do run into problems with your business trip, the first 5-10 minutes of your phone call or online chat won’t be spent getting your support contact up to speed on who you are and what you’re doing.
- When can I access my account information? Whenever you want – and free of charge, as it should be. If you run into any glitches you should still get immediate help, which is why you should stay away from business travel agents who contract third-party services. When you’re having technical problems you’ll be able to get immediate assistance from any travel management company that actually owns – and can troubleshoot – its own technology.
- Will you let me make the same mistakes over and over again? No. Your team of account managers work for you – they learn your business and travel goals, help you set up your optimal travel policies, negotiate exclusive rates on your behalf, and keep an eye on things to help you identify specific cost-reduction opportunities and eliminate wasteful spend. A business travel agency like AmTrav will work with you to develop a true partnership based on trust, transparency and genuine interest in your success.
AmTrav has been providing business travel solutions with top-of-the-line account management for more than 20 years. Speak with an AmTrav Client Services Manager at 800-795-8371 to learn more.
By: Kristen S.