American Airlines, Enterprise Rent-a-Car, and Omni Hotels and Resorts joined us last Thursday for Part 1 of our Ask Me Anything Series. They walked us through the standards and protocols they have in place to keep your travelers safe during Covid-19 and answered all of your questions.
In case you missed it, we wanted to highlight a few key takeaways from our discussion. For more, check out the video recording of the webinar.
- Between mandatory masks for employees and passengers, aircraft HEPA filtration, frequent fogging, and hand sanitizer availability, American is confident that they are creating the safest environment possible for their customers.
- There is an emphasis on social responsibility - the airline can only put so many preventative protocols in place. If you have a fever, or any symptoms of Covid-19, you should not be getting on a flight.
- Temperature checks are not within American’s jurisdiction to require - that’s a state and local decision.
- Touchless check-in and boarding are available.
- American has made the decision to not leave the middle seat open - this is because per AA, social distancing is not viable on an aircraft. Even with an empty middle seat, there is not enough space for passengers to have an effective six feet of social distancing space.
- Masks will continue to be required on board the aircraft.
- Prior to boarding, if a customer refuses to wear a mask, they will be denied boarding.
- If a flight is over 85% capacity, passengers will receive an email ahead of time letting them know and providing alternate flight options. Note that most passengers opt not to change their flights.
- HEPA filters are on every aircraft, which means passengers are getting fresh air every two to three minutes.
- Every AA team member is also required to wear a mask.
- American is monitoring all employees to ensure they are abiding by safety protocols - these rules are strictly enforced.
- All rented cars carry the Complete Clean Pledge, meaning Enterprise is following best practices recommended by health authorities.
- In addition to vacuuming and general wipe-down cleaning, between every rental a disinfectant is used to sanitize the 20 high-touch points in a vehicle.
- Your rental car will have a Complete Clean badge on it letting you know that it’s been through all cleaning procedures and safe for you to enter.
- Curbside rentals are available and at many locations, the only option.
- All locations require masks inside (should you need to enter).
- 70% of Enterprise locations are currently open.
- There is a zero tolerance policy for Enterprise employees when it comes to following safety protocols. There is no room for error.
Omni Hotels and Resorts
- All properties are required to follow safety and cleaning protocols.
- High tough items - such as TV remotes, door hangers, privacy signs, and disinfectant wipes - are placed in a sealed bag with an Omni Safe & Clean Sticker in every guest room. This indicates that all items have been sanitized.
- There are no capacity restrictions put in place by Omni. However, states may have their own capacity restrictions (for example, 85% booked = capacity), and Omni abides by each state’s mandates.
- Buffets are currently unavailable.
- Fitness centers are able to be used through sign-up only.
- Housekeeping is going through each property on an hourly basis to clean all high-touch areas and lobbies.
- If a traveler contracts Covid while staying in an Omni, they can self-isolate in their guestroom. Omni will assist in getting them the medical assistance they need.